Subject: Re: System 6.0.1 questions
From: David A Lyons <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 21:09:03 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2.programmer

In article <[email-masked]> Tobin R Ford,
[email-masked] writes:
> 1.  I have two 5.25 disk icons, and no 5.25 disk drives connected.
>     Is there a way to get them off the desktop?

Do an Icon Info on the AppleDisk5.25 driver in your System: Drivers
folder, and check the Inactive box (or throw the AppleDisk5.25 driver
away completely).

> 2. (and more important)  I loaded Appletalk on my system just to
>     see what it looked like and now I can't seem to get rid of it.
>     Specifically, when I boot I get a message saying that it was
>     unable to make an appletalk connection and I should check my
>     control panel.  To my knowledge, I've gotten rid of all the
>     files that have anything to do with Appletalk and still get
>     this annoying message.  Any suggestions?

Either (1) use the Installer to Remove the AppleShare stuff (yes, there's
a Remove button as well as an Install), or (2) inactivate both System:
Drivers: SCC.Manager and System: FSTs: AppleShare.FST.

Dave Lyons, [email-masked]
Mr Tangent

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.