Subject: RE: Replacement keyboard for IIgs P/N C 658-4081
From: [email-masked] (Bradley P. Von Haden)
Date: 6 Jan 1996 23:11:03 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

[email-masked] (Myles Fudge) wrote:

>Since my stock GS keyboard has been flaky for a little while, and
>now I've got my PCT working, I'm looking for a keyboard
>replacement that resembles the extended keyboard (F-keys, etc).  I
>have purchased two 'extended' keyboards that no not work with my
>GS's ADB port.  They are both Mac keyboards.  One is "MacAlly
>Peripherals Extended Keyboard" and the other is "Micro Speed Mac
>Keyboard Deluxe.  Neither keyboard requires a driver to work with
>the Mac, and both are standard 105-key layouts.

Here is a list of ADB keyboards that I have compiled as of 96/01/06.
Additions/corrections welcome.

'+' designates changes from previous list

I have the following that work:

AppleDesign Keyboard ($85-90)
Apple Extended Keyboard II ($155-160)
Adesso 105 Extended Keyboard ($80 - Mac's Place, MacZone, Tiger SW)
Adesso 102 Extended Keyboard w/ Trackball [Trackball does NOT work]
     ($100 - Mac's Place, MacZone, Tiger Software)
Arrive Extended ($50 - MacMall)
Interex 105 Extended ($55 - MacMall, Syex Express; $34 - Computer City)
Key Tronic MacPro Plus ($130 - MacZone, APS Tech.)
OptiMac Extended Keyboard (???)
PowerUser 105E Extended Keyboard ($50 - MacWarehouse)
SIIG, Inc MacTouch Model 1905 (~$100.00)
Sun OmniMac Ultra [extended, ADB type] (???)
Suntouch ADB Extended Keyboard ($75 - Syex Express)
VividKey Extended Keyboard ($60 - MacMall)

Do not work:

Apple Adjustable Keyboard
MacALLY Peripherals Extended Keyboard
MicroSpeed Keyboard Deluxe MAC

???:

ClubMac Extended Keyboard ($59 - ClubMac)
Datadesk MAC 101 E ($100 - MacWarehouse, MacZone)
Datadesk TrackBoard ($100 - MacWarehouse, MacZone)
Key Tronic Trak Pro Plus ($230 - APS Tech.)
Performance Soft Touch Extended Keyboard ($59 - MacZone)
Spring Sun Tech MacPride 97 ($90 - MacMall)
Spring Sun Tech MacPride 105 ($59 - MacMall)
Spring Sun Tech MacPride 110 ($80 - MacMall) [MAC/IBM switchable]
Spring Sun Tech MacPride KidBoard ($100 - MacMall)

????:

Adesso Tru-From Ergonomic extended keyboard ($90 - CDW)
Adesso Tru-Form Ergonomic ext kb w/ pointer ($116 - MacZone)

**** bpvh     Internet: [email-masked]      GEnie: B.VONHADEN ****
**** Posted by an Apple IIgs using my own Proterm 3.1 File Macro ****