Subject: Re: Status of System 6.02 upgrade?
From: [email-masked] (Neil Parker)
Date: 14 Feb 1996 08:25:34 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Bill
Scheffler) writes:
>[...]
>	(1) Add undo feature to Teach.  I think Teach is buggy too when 
>working with the Choose Font... menu.  If I use Courier and it is 
>defaulted to plain and I hit ok, it changes to bold lettering!

Oh, if only that were the the only bug in Teach.  There's a far more serious
bug that should probably be squashed before we start worrying about things
like incorrect styles:

Boot System 6.0.1, and double-click on the Teach icon.  Type a few
characters in the document window that appears.  Go to the Font menu and
pull down "Choose Font...".  Click on the "Plain" checkbox.  Then press
control-reset, because you GS has just completely frozen up.

This bug puzzles me a lot.  When the Choose Font dialog box is up, the code
that's running belongs to the Font Manager, not to Teach.  So the problem
must be in the Font Manager code, right?  But other programs that display
the Choose Font dialog aren't affected by the bug...the *only* place I've
*ever* seen the problem is in the version of Teach that comes with System
6.0.1 (and believe me, I've checked *all* the other programs I have that put
up the Choose Font dialog...even the old System 6.0 version of Teach is
safe).

Shift-booting doesn't help, so it's not an INIT conflict or any such thing.

               - Neil Parker
-- 
Neil Parker                       | No cute quote, no cute ASCII art, no cute
[email-masked]         | disclaimer, no deposit, no return....
[email-masked]           | (This space intentionally left blank:
http://cie-2.uoregon.edu/~nparker |                                           )