Subject: Re: Need help with zip drive
From: The Mangler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 00:52:13 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

I too have had many problems when I first started with the Iomega Zip
on my GS and it isn't the most reliable thing - But it works.

1.) Make sure that the Zipdrive is hooked directly to your HS Apple SCSI
    card.
2.) Chain your Zipdrive to the external HD which you will be using.
3.) Attach a terminator adapter to the back of the remaining port on your
    external HD - The Zipdrive has a weak termination and requires another
    terminator source.

As for getting your GS to recognize the Zipdrive in all applications:
1.) Turn on your Zipdrive
2.) Turn on your external HD
3.) Turn on the GS
4.) Put the Zipdisk in the drive before GSOS is booted so that it may be
    scanned and recognized.

Last, if you are working on the GS for a long time and suddenly the
Zipdrive Icons don't pop up when you load Finder, simply eject the zipdisk
and push it back into the drive.

I hope this helps.

Daniel