Subject: ANNOUNCE: Bugfix for Ultima IV (Apple II version)
From: Linards Ticmanis [email-masked]
Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series, comp.sys.apple2,

comp.emulators.apple2, rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons
Followup-To: rec.games.computer.ultima.series
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:33:40 +0100
Organization: University of Saarland, Computing Center, Germany.
Lines: 26
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.7) Gecko/20011221
X-Accept-Language: de, en
Xref: lobby rec.games.computer.ultima.series:50491 comp.sys.apple2:122285 comp.emulators.apple2:23307 rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons:228764

I just discovered that the Apple II version of Ultima IV has the same 
"shrine bug" as the C64 version. I.e. the shrines should give out three 
different messages each (apart from enlightment), depending on how long 
you stay, but they don't.

Here's the fix: On the "Britannia disk", load track $15 sector $8 (DOS 
order) into a sector editor. At byte $12 and onward you should see the 
following sequence: "00 00 00 01 01 01 02 02 02". Change this to begin 
with "00 01 02" instead of "00 00 00". So byte $13 becomes $01 and byte 
$14 becomes $02. Write the sector back, et voilˆ.

If you're using disk images, you should find the sequence at adress 
$15812. Change with a hex editor as above.

Sorry 'bout the crosspost, however I've set followup to rgcus.

-- 

Linards Ticmanis

  The Master said, "The business of laying on the colors follows the
preparation of the plain ground."