Subject: BAUG 1.24.2000: Early Apple DOS & A2 Y2K
From: [email-masked] (James OReilly)
Date: 16 Dec 1999 16:41:20 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

[ Article reposted from comp.sys.apple2.usergroups ]
[ Author was James OReilly ]
[ Posted on 16 Dec 1999 06:10:34 GMT ]

Welcome to Big Apple Users Group, a computer club in NYC for users of
Apple II and compatible computers. 
 
We will hold our next meeting at 7pm on January 24, 2000, at 345 58th
Street, Apt 5L, next to the Coliseum, just west of Columbus Circle.  We
will consider some of the earliest and the latest Apple II matters.  Hank
Levinson will explore early Apple DOS before version 3.3, and we hold an
informal post-mortem on Y2K for the A2.
 
Specifically, Hank will review Apple DOS 3.2, 3.2+, and 3.2.1+. There are
problems booting these early Apple DOS versions on Apple IIs.  Hank will
show us that one can pre-boot or use a special controller card with
appropriate 13 sector ROMs.  Hank will bring an Apple IIe and a couple of
controller cards, as well as a pre-boot disk for 13 sector ROMs.
 
For info about our meetings, you can also phone our hotline at
(212)606-2297, or visit our website at www.nyacc.com/hotlin07.htm.  If you
have further questions you can call us at (718)499-7470 or (212)956-3634
or e-mail us at [email-masked].
 
For a guide to Apple II on-line services we can recommend you visit
www.syndicomm.com/a2web, "The Mother of All Apple II Websites", which
links to many other Apple II websites.  You can also visit
www.delphi.com/apple2, a major on-line resource for the Apple II
community, where many of the leading figures in the Apple II community
participate in the discussion forums, and from which subscribers can
download A2 files.
 
We hope to see you at the meeting.  You are welcome whether you are a
novice or a power user. 
 
                                Happy New Year,
                                Jim O'Reilly
                                Pres, BAUG