Subject: Re: Rare IIgs Games
From: [email-masked] (SE)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:39:44 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2,comp.emulators.apple2

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 13:09:56 +1000, [email-masked] (Helix
Energy) wrote:

>
>Zork Zero, I'm coming to the conclusion, does not exist for the IIgs. 
>Although it was slated to be released by Infocom, along with all their new
>text/'graphic adventures in 1988/89, it never appeared as a proper
>release.  Rumours of its existance have been fanned by the fact that an
>8-bit, 3.5 inch disk version has been floating around, but it doesn't
>interest me if its not the 16-bit IIgs native version.
>

There is an Apple 2 (16 bit?) interpreter for Infocom games here:

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/misc/if-archive/interpreters-infocom-zcode/appleII/

I haven't tried it so I don't know whether it will handle the later
Version 6 Infocom games like Zork Zero, Shogun, Journey & Arthur, or
if it supports the graphics files for these games (also available at
the IF-archive). 

But it may be worth a look.

In theory I think that the interpreter included in the IIGS version of
Shogun should be able to support other games such as Zork Zero in any
case, if you have the data and graphics files from another source.

SE