Subject: Re: Apple One Scanner and IIgs or IIe?
From: Al Crout <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jul 1999 14:18:42 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

Supertimer <[email-masked]> wrote:
: "Jason Whorton" <[email-masked]> wrote:

:>Hello.  Does anyone know if the Apple One Scanner, the gray scale one, can
:>be used with an Apple IIgs or IIe?  Although I do not have my IIgs set up
:>right now, I will be using an Apple SCSI Card Rev. C (I believe) with it,
:>and have an Apple High Speed SCSI Card in the IIe.  I might replace the card
:>in the IIgs at some point with a RAMFast, however.  If anyone knows if it
:>will work, please let me know.

: It will work with the Apple High Speed SCSI card in the IIGS.  I'm pretty
: sure the RAMFast will not work with it.  The reason is that Apple provided
: the SCSIscan driver with System 6.0.1.  However, RAMFast drivers are
: in the ROM and I don't think Sequential or CV Tech ever got around to
: putting scanner drivers into the ROM.

: I have the one application that supports this scanner.  If you do connect
: it to the IIGS and set it up with System 6.0.1's scanner driver, I might be
: able to send the application to you.

-- 

The scanner that works with the IIGS is the Apple Scanner (4 bit, 16
levels of grey scale), _not_ the Apple OneScanner, also grey scale (8 bit,
256 levels of grey). 

When connected, the OneScanner is recognized by the IIGS, but doesn't 
produce an image, in my experience with it.

I think I have an article about the Apple Scanner and the IIGS somewhere
if anyone is interested.

-- al