Subject: Re: AppleWorks ... and software availability
From: Rubywand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 01:21:49 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

"Michael Y. Su" writes ...
> 
> Alas, I'm sorry I created such a fervor.
> 
> I am a legal, registered owner of AppleWorks and can prove it upon request
> with a quick scan of my originals.  With that in mind, I would think that
> I'm entitled to an upgrade.

     Okay. So, go to Asimov and download the Awks 5 stuff. If this does not
include the v5.1 update, go to Ground (/apple2/apple8/Appleworks/ folder) and
download aw51.update.shk .

     Once Awks 5.1 is installed and working, check the Texas II site for
enhancements and Y2K updates ( http://members.aol.com/A2MG/AboutTex.html ).

 ....

> The only thing that stands to be hurt from all of this bickering is the
> shrinking Apple II community itself.

     Actually, the Apple II community probably stopped shrinking a few years
ago. For, roughly, the last couple of years we have obviously been gaining
users.

> It is so damned hard to get software
> for my IIGS these days.  I'm just lucky that I still have half of my
> bit-rotten *legally purchased* software viable.  If I weren't such a
> die-hard I would've trashed my IIGS and never given it a second thought.
 ....

     Getting much II and IIgs software is nearly impossible _if_ you let some
anti-user dweeb dictate what you can and cannot download. There are several
perfectly legal archives of both old commercial and non-commercial IIgs
software. And, downloading this software to your PC or Mac and transferring it
to your GS has never been easier.

See ...
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs4MAJORSITES.html
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs7GAMESITES.html
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2T2TCOM.html
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2T1TCOM.html
http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2FLUTILS.html

Rubywand