Subject: ProLine BBS Software (FINAL BETA RELEASE)
From: [email-masked] (Eric A. Seiden)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 99 09:52:53 EST
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

THIS IS THE FINAL BETA ANNOUNCEMENT (BETA4); THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL BE READY
10-22-99!

This is a DRAFT copy only. This product will be available late OCTOBER 1999.
This is only posted for informational purposes. If you're interested, or have
more questions, please e-mail me directly. [If you'd like to Beta Test this
software, e-mail me directly.]

                        --------------------------
                        -- PROLINE BBS SOFTWARE --
                        --------------------------

Do you want to own this powerful Apple II (//e, //c, //gs) BBS software for
virtually nothing? If so, read on and enter a new world of BBS software.

ProLine is an internet-ready BBS program for the Apple IIe, IIc, and IIgs. It
is fully automated and has been around for years. There are some basic system
requirements (80 columns and 64K RAM and a small HD) that are pretty easy to
meet for anyone. Once you have it up and running, you can exchange
internet e-mail, run message boards, and even subscribe to UseNet groups.

I've been using ProLine since February 1993 and I really love it. It's been a
great piece of software that's withstood the test of time. Sure, BBS's may be
dying, but they serve a purpose. You can even make a private BBS system for a
particular purpose; you don't have to network it to the outside world unless
you want to. I use my BBS to provide product support and also as a place to
run mailing lists, and for private and public discussion groups among friends.
There's even a software library module and some on-line games as well. You
can even write your own add-on modules.

You can read all about ProLine's fantastic capabilities by sending email to:  
                [email-masked]
                (remove the XX from the above address)
    in the subject line put:
                send proline/features
Within 24 hours a full set of features will be emailed to you. (Be sure you
don't have any anti-spam features in your return address as your address is
harvested from your FROM address.)

This Y2K project has been done with the permission of Morgan Davis who wrote
the original ProLine software. The Y2K project installs on top of an existing
ProLine v3.0 installation.

If you have version 2.x of ProLine you can also take this opportunity to
upgrade to 3.0; If you already have ProLine v3.0 you only need the patch disk.
If you have never owned ProLine, then you need the original software AND the
patch disk. ProLine is available only on 3.5" floppy diskettes.

* Note: To connect via the internet, you need a UMDSS account. CTS.COM and
CLARK.NET are the only two known US providers. CTS charges $15 for a UMDSS
account. This includes your own domain "pro-sitename.cts.com" for your site.
(There may be others, however I don't KNOW of any.)

                        --------------------------
                        -- ORDERING INFORMATION --
                        --------------------------

If you want to download the 3.0 software at no charge, you may do so at:
                <*TBA* INSERT PROLINE DOWNLOAD URL HERE>
                [There has not been a formal decision made as to
                whether or not you will be able to DL the software.
                The author of the original ProLine and not me has
                the final say. The patch disk will not be available
                for download.]

If you'd rather get a set of original disks, follow the instructions below. 

Price of disks:
        If you supply your own pre-formatted ProDOS disk there is no charge
        for the disks. Otherwise a US$1.50 charge applies per disk which
.       covers cost of the disk and time to format and copy. 
                ProLine 3.0 Disk Set          (2 disks)  US$3.00
                ProLine 3.0 Y2K patch disk    (1 disk)   US$1.50
                Supply your own disks: $1.00 flat charge for the set

US Postage is as follows:
        All shipping is billed at cost as indicated in the chart below.
                Priority Mail   US$ 3.20
                FedEx Overnite  US$12.00
                FedEx 2-Day     US$ 8.00
                FedEx 3-day     US$ 6.00
                UPS is not available. Sorry.
        International Postage quoted upon request via Global Priority
        Mail: US$14.95 or less depending on the destination country.

I spent quite some time working on this update; if you'd like to make a
contribution, it will be gratefully accepted.

You must include a money order or cashier's check (personal checks OK but
allow 7 days to clear) in US funds. Send your payment to:
        Eric A. Seiden
        DAR Systems International
        Post Office Box 521598
        Miami, FL  33152-1598
Please include a shipping address (PO BOX must go priority mail) as well as
your name, e-mail address, and phone number.

SPECIAL THANKS TO WALTER B> HOYE II OF PRO-CHRIST FOR HIS BETA TESTING
EFFORTS WHICH WERE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY!

==============================================================================
   "It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." -- Norm
 Administrator NHL Panthers and Panthers Affiliates/Prospects,mailing lists
.       "Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind." -- Opera Ghost
      "Imagine there's no heaven; it's easy if you try." -- John Lennon
Pro-Entropy BBS 305-994-3578 (56K/v90)                   http://www.darsys.com