Subject: Re: Long(!) Qs about AppleII emulator programming
From: [email-masked] (Jon Bettencourt)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 19:47:12 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.emulators.apple2

Wait a day. Another post will come up that might help you with a few
things. (Hint: It will be from me, and will be in two parts.)

As for the RGB values of the standard high-resolution graphics colors,
there are none. The actual color depends on what kind of monitor you use.
An interesting way to handle this problem would be to let the user choose
their own hi-res colors. You could do some interesting things with that
feature!

In article
<[email-masked]>, Holger
Picker <[email-masked]> wrote:

[long intro]
[long list of what emulator does]
[long list of what emulator doesn't do]

> - DOS (with DPMI and DMS) or Windows 9x. (Won't work under NT, I'm
afraid. Don't know the 
> reason yet. I'm working on it.)
> - VESA 1.2 compatible graphic card with SVGA mode $100 : 640*400 pixels
and 256 colours. 
> Linear Base Frame prefered. (May run using $a000 window segment but is
definitely slower.)
> - some megabyte free RAM (x MB wherever and about 128 KB DOS memory)
> - probably a Pentium processor. (Couldn't test on 486. May be too slow
due to the complex 
> graphic emulation and readbus/writebus implementation.)
> 
> The program was tested on several Pentiums (233,350,400,700) and runs
emulation at a speed 
> of approximately 8 MHz (6502) with *full* graphic output (no frame skipping).
> 
> To sum it up:
> 
> What I need are lots of information about special AppleIIe-hardware,
mostly slot-cards. And 
> I need information about the internal organisation of the AppleIIc. My
search through the 
> internet so far revealed nothing but simple data like number of kb,
processor etc, but no 
> insider information on how it actually works. If you can help me (e.g.
you know of a good 
> source in the internet or you already have the answer), please post to
this newsgroup or 
> directly to my e-mail address. I'd really appreciate it and I'd be very
grateful if someone 
> could help me in any matter mentioned above. Furthermore, if you don't
mind I'd like to ask 
> some more questions (or in more detail) about the AppleIIe/c in this
newsgroup in hope to 
> receive interesting new information. As I don't want to get on anyone's
nerves I'd like to 
> make sure that my questions (I have lots as you could see) don't annoy anyone.
> Thanks for your patience and help in advance
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Holger

-- 
== Jon Bettenct = Prgmr, Writer, Mathematician, Lisa Simpson Fan ==
= http://dimension18.cjb.net = ICQ76731065 = [email-masked] =
The only thing worse than dreaming about your math final is waking
with the realization that you still have to take it. -- Paige Fox