Subject: Re: Looking for Sider Diskettes
From: Wayne Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:26:49 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

[email-masked] wrote:

>
>  Is that information intended to give a method for linking the Sider's
> 37 pin port to an ordinary SCSI 50 pin connector?

The Sider card itself has 50 pins on it and the ribbon cable coming off
that ended in either a 25 or 37 pin connector

> My Xebec card has a DB25 female connector, and the local scuzzi gurus
> swear that 25 pin to 37pin is impossible.  It looks as if the pin out
> you describe is intended to turn the SASI interface into an orthodox
> SCSI configuration.

Since the Sider isn't SCSI but SASI, SCSI rules don't really apply there.
Sider drives came with either DB25 or DB37 connectors. Same goes
for ribbon cable on the Cards. While most cables came with either 25
or 37 pins on both ends, but I have a couple of origional Sider cables
with 25 pins on one end and 37 on the other.

    Wayne