Subject: Feedback requested for CD development
From: [email-masked] (Cturley2)
Date: 10 Sep 2000 23:52:54 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

I¹m working on developing a collection CD with all of Glen Bredon¹s photography
digital photo files plus all of his Apple software - to offer to the general
public.  I¹d like some feedback and suggestions on which graphic file format
and/or formats you¹d like to have on this public domain collection CD and also
which CD format you think would be the best.  The Glen Bredon Memorial CD will
contain all of Glen Bredon¹s Apple software with source codes, several hundred
images taken by Glen Bredon with his various 35 mm camera¹s over the span of
the
past few decades.

As of now, I plan to make each picture file in two formats: JPEG, which can be
viewed on any computer, and in either the 3200 color Apple Preferred Format or
the Apple Preferred Format - 256 color palette, which can be viewed on a IIgs,
using any number of either freeware, PD, shareware or commercial Apple IIgs
graphic viewing applications.

Also included with the CD will be an ASCII standard text and/or Apple IIgs
Teach
file that will explain the entire process, programs and procedures used to
convert the graphics to the Apple Preferred Format files - with several
freeware, shareware and/or public domain IIgs graphic viewer programs for
viewing all of Glen Bredon¹s photo graphic files.  All this will be available
on
a single CD for $10.  It should be finished and ready to offer by this
Christmas
or shortly before.

Your feedback, suggestions and comments are requested.

TIA & Cheers,
Tom