Subject: Re: Newbie Question: Extracting GS/OS in SEA format
From: Rubywand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:05:30 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

CybrSlider writes ...
> 
> Hi all,
> 
>     I downloaded the GS/OS v 6.0.1 files from the Apple ftp site. I have a
> utility that will read and write Mac format discs in my PC. I transferred
> them over to my Mac. They started off in .hqx format. Those expanded out
 ....

     Since you are downloading to a PC, you can save yourself loads of bother
by just getting System 6.0.1 from USA2WUG at ...

http://www.grin.net/~cturley/USA2WUG/SystemSoftware/IIgsSystem601disks/  .

These are plain Apple II whole-disk ShrinkIt files which unshrink on your
Apple II using either 8-bit ShrinkIt or GS-ShrinkIt. The same folder includes
directions in a Text file (AaInstallingSystem601.txt) .

     For more info and alternative sources, see the newsgroup FAQs at ...

http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2APPLICS.html#018 .

Rubywand