Subject: Re: Programming a GS/OS app, and Scanning
From: Al Crout <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Aug 2000 23:11:07 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

HitScan <[email-masked]> wrote:
]snip[

: ALSO, I recently have come across an old Apple Scanner (the 1-bit
: variety) and was hoping to find some scanner software. 

I believe the colour depth of the scanner you refer to is 4 bit, or, 16
levels of grey.

As far as I know, the ScanGS application that Apple released (did they
not also release the source code?) is quite complete except it does not
save images. To do that, we have to use an NDA
released by Softdisk that saves what is in the window, or an NDA or CDA
that saves the IIGS graphic screen memory area to a file. A bit cumbersome
and we lose some of the image we scanned, but there is a fair bit of
"cool factor".

You would be doing some of us AppleScan owners a very nice favour by
completing that Apple program which might(?) be a lot easier than
writing your own. 

: Thanks for any help,

: HitScan

-- al