Subject: Re: Your best 3-D 8-bit Apple II game list?
From: Rubywand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:22:07 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2,comp.emulators.apple2

Obsbedia2 writes ...
> 
> Your best 3-D 8-bit Apple II game list?
> 
> Airheart:  fighting self-regenerating robots on
> a waterworld while on a quest
> for artifacts that will prove yourself worthy of saving the princeling.
> 
> Ballblazers:  one-on-one robotic soccer with multiple playing levels for
> robotic opponents or playing against a human opponent.
> 
 ....

     Those are two very good ones. I especially remember being surprised at
the smoothness and speed of Ballblazer. Another good 3-D action game is The
Eidolon.

     Then, you have adventures which present something like 3-D views.
Alternate Reality: The Dungeon does a very nice job in plain hires,
especially since you can see monsters approaching in real time. So do several
of the SSI AD&D adventures and Dark Heart of Uukrul. Bard's Tale's 3-D is
pretty good, too.

     In double-hires, Might and Magic II, WindWalker, and Dragon Wars have
good 3-D displays.

Rubywand