Subject: Re: Your best 3-D 8-bit Apple II game list?
From: [email-masked] (Livid Dragon (see .sig for valid email))
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:47:18 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2,comp.emulators.apple2

In article <[email-masked]>, Rubywand wrote:
>Obsbedia2 writes ...
>> 
>> Your best 3-D 8-bit Apple II game list?
>> 
>> Airheart:  fighting self-regenerating robots on
>> a waterworld while on a quest
>> for artifacts that will prove yourself worthy of saving the princeling.
>> 
>> Ballblazers:  one-on-one robotic soccer with multiple playing levels for
>> robotic opponents or playing against a human opponent.
>> 
> ....
>
>     Those are two very good ones. I especially remember being surprised at
>the smoothness and speed of Ballblazer. Another good 3-D action game is The
>Eidolon.
>
>     Then, you have adventures which present something like 3-D views.
>Alternate Reality: The Dungeon does a very nice job in plain hires,
>especially since you can see monsters approaching in real time. So do several
>of the SSI AD&D adventures and Dark Heart of Uukrul. Bard's Tale's 3-D is
>pretty good, too.
>
>     In double-hires, Might and Magic II, WindWalker, and Dragon Wars have
>good 3-D displays.

ACK!  Nobody has mentioned Stellar 7?  Arctic Fox?  Space Rogue?  Not even
a hint of Elite?!  Those are about as close to '3D' in both display and
actual game mechanics as the Apple II ever got.

Mmm, Elite....