Subject: schizophrenia spirits
From: [email-masked] (whatnext)
Date: 25 May 2003 21:01:26 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.magick,alt.support.schizophrenia,alt.drugs.psychedelics

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=spirits&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=alt.support.schizophrenia&lr=&num=100&hl=en

a google search of alt.support.schizophrenia and "spirits" got 1000
hits.
The link probably won't work so I'll just get to my point. I think
schizos are having metaphysical experiences that have gone out of
control. Regaining of sanity would then entail mastering metaphysics.
I am speaking these words cause I am schizo and I am giving you my
theory. Its important for magicians cause most "magi"cians are
failures at evocation whereas the average schizo can conjure just
about any spirit (but they unfortunately, they CAN'T banish them once
evoked). Just speaking from my own experience, I think that schizos
are "evolving beyond their means" that is, the ego is taking on a
transformation that the current status of ego (i.e., home sapiens
sapiens) is unable to complete.

This isn't to say that schizos are supermen in the making. Many people
have metaphysical experiences that they are able to integrate into
their lives in a healthy way. These people often grow up to become our
mimes, our visionarymad poets, psychics, etcetc.  Yes, that's right I
am talking about the X Men.
In the order of things, the X mutated super spychics are the highest
of our type of humanity. Exactly Nietzsche's vision of the overman.
Somewhere lower down on the ladder of evolution sits the schizo. DNA's
careless attempt at forcing evolution through necessity (i.e., the
schizop has to learn to adapt given the symptomolgy of schizophrenia).
For instance, i was reading in the 2002 Guinness Book of World Records
that there is a mutation that causes people to be as hairy as wolfmen
or werewolves. Now, you know that nature is keeping this disease
because there might be another ice age. Similarly, nature keeps on
turning out schizos just in case the normal Xmen overman mutations go
bad and we need another source of spychics.

Personally, I don't think nature needs a backup to the overall
mutation of man to overman. I have observed people mutating all around
me the normal way (through the radiation from TV's and microwaves of
course). I'm pretty sure the DNA can do just fine without the 1%
schizophrenia population of the world.
But nature is greedy for her children of the stars and she insists on
keeping the schizos.

Now, you have gone deep into this post and I warn you the next few
paragraphs will not in any way resemble the coherence of the first few
paragraphs... okay, so onward, I would like now to talk about the
movie The Matrix. This Neo anomally is supposedly the teleos of our
human evolution. It says it in the book of Revelations where there is
another virgin birth at the end of times. So someone is in the works
(the loins that is). Phil Dick says its the Holy Ghost in his
Exegesis. At any rate, someone at the end of time is coming to justify
the whole of time. So back to my schizophrenia theory, what if nature
really squirt out an overman, but then also spit out a backup schizo
overman. the untermensch one might say. This sounds a lot like the
Bruce willis movie "Unbrakeable". I don't know, say that in Superman
I, that Superman arrived at the same time as Bizaro Superman. See, how
you can easily construct a plot out of this.

     The schizaro Overman vs. the
goody-goody-apple-pie-america-shiny-teeth-obvious-Taurus Overman

So maybe, instead of Nature getting her children of eternity she ends
up with a dead Superman....of course, that's not how the movie is
going to work out. In reality, Superman will kill the spirit of
gravity (which I am assuming here to be schizophrenia)....

one final thought. Look at all of history. How terrible. All to make
NEO. and think of all the failure Neo's. The millions that tried to be
something good and failed. Now think of all the schizos. They're not
even supposed to be overpeople. they're just behind the scenes as
backups. In other words, the actors get all the glory, the stuntmen do
all the work, and the schizos aren't even mentioned cause they're only
backup stuntmen. Now, if the main stuntman breaks his leg or something
and you somehow get filmed, THEN your name would get in the credits.
But that is a long shot for our unsung un-heroes.