Subject: Sept. 13, 2003 cultivation links
From: [email-masked] (Moon Doggie)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:06:06 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs.pot.cultivation

I'm no longer regularly posting to this group, but will post the 
links below approximately once per week.  If you do your homework 
by following these links, there are very few things you will need 
to ask the group about, and you won't get fooled by ignorant 
people posting misinformation.  Also check out the information 
link (after my sig) about how to filter out trolls and spammers 
for a more enjoyable newsgroup experience.

For more info about cultivation, check out the links below: 
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/adpcfaq.htm
The above link contains a wealth of information--everything 
you ever wanted to know.  But here are some others as well:
http://www.coastnet.com/~bcga/bcg.htm
http://www.geocities.com/hempgenes/Botany.html
http://www.mellowgold.com/grow/
http://lycaeum.org/~npkaye/
http://lycaeum.org/~npkaye/newbie.html 
http://www.geocities.com/nft_uk 
http://users.lycaeum.org/~sky/data/grow/ 
http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/ 
http://www.josehempseed.com 

For info on the Screen of Green (ScroG) technique, which is useful 
for indoor growers who have limited space, go here:
http://members.tripod.com/Cannabis_Cultivator/qckscrog.html
http://members.tripod.com/Cannabis_Cultivator/scrogcab.html
http://members.tripod.com/Cannabis_Cultivator/multishf.html 
http://www.geocities.com/maxiscrog 
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/scrogorama.htm 

For seedbank information and reliable ratings go here: 
http://www.SeedbankUpdate.com

Here's a simple but useful table of light efficiencies expressed 
as lumens per watt [LPW], for all wattages/sizes for each 
light type.  (Note that incandescent light sucks.)  
The table is best viewed w/a fixed-pitch font:
 ___________________________________________
 
                Avg
 Type           LPW  High  Low

 HPS & Agro     123  150   106
 Metal Halide    96  125    86
 Fluorescent     80  100    20
 Mercury Vapor   56   60    41
 Incandescent    13   18    10
 -------------------------------------------
 HPS = high-pressure sodium
 Agro = Son Agro brand
 ___________________________________________

And here's a page covering lighting:
http://www.theflow.nl/lights.htm

Here are some nutrient deficiency charts, etc.: 
The first one is a good, quick summary of symptoms in a 
color-coded chart:
http://lycaeum.org/~npkaye/chart.html
The next two include discussions of both deficiencies 
and toxicities.  The first one also has some good pictures:
http/www.overgrow.com/faq/browse.php?qa=1111
http://www.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/mod03/03900048.html
This one is an academic site that goes into quite a bit of 
descriptive detail:
http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~vista/html_pubs/hydro/symptoms.html
There's also a useful collection of graphs/charts of soil and 
hydro nutrient availability at various levels of pH at:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/cacher/horticulture/nutrientavailability.htm
Note that especially in hydro systems, pH can fluctuate over time 
(between reservoir refills).  While soil tends to have a more 
stable pH, it should also be checked periodically with a 
wand-type probe that gets down to where the roots are.  And 
remember that soil especially needs periodic flushing w/plain, 
fresh water, to remove salts that build up in the soil over time.

For spider mite problems, go here: 
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioline/hyg-fact/2000/2012.html 
Here are some popular pest-control products:
http://www.wormsway.com/catalog.asp?cat=pesti

Here are some drawings & pics to help you differentiate sex:
http://users.lycaeum.org/~npkaye/whatsex.gif
http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/264
http://www.stormloader.com/aallon/site/DeterminingSex.html

The following site discusses many aspects of seed 
stock enhancement:
http://www.nomercy.demon.nl/

For outdoor growers, here's a sunrise/set and moonrise/set table 
for one year: 
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/AA/data/docs/RS_OneYear.html 

Posting Pictures (binaries):

adpc is a non-binary news group.  Don't post binaries to adpc.

To post pictures for adpc readers to view, post them to 
one or more of the following binary news groups, and prefix the 
Subject line with "adpc" (eg - Subject: adpc mypictures), 
and then tell us where they are:
alt.binaries
alt.binaries.pictures
alt.binaries.pictures.misc
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
alt.binaries.misc

NOTE:
Most news group regulars have their Usenet filters for those 
groups set up to capture subject lines starting with "adpc".  
This makes it very easy to find pictures, especially in the 
groups with a lot of traffic.

Once the picture shows up on your server, then make a post 
to adpc indicating the Subject, Newsgroups, and (if possible) 
the Message-ID of the binary post along with the reason why you 
want the group to look at it.  The easiest way to do this is to 
copy/paste those three headers (Subject, Newsgroups, Message-ID) 
directly from the binary post into the text of your post to adpc.

You can post the pictures by attaching them, either as separate 
jpg files, or as one ZIP file containing all the pics.

If you find any dead links in this message, please post a 
response pointing them out.  Thanks.

Keep on truckin'
- Moon Doggie -

For a wealth of information about growing and related topics, go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/adpcfaq.htm
IMPORTANT: Are you new to adpc?  Get some freedom from Usenet junk 
posts in adpc, and see if YOUR posts are being kill filtered as junk!
Read the adpcFreedom FAQ at 
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/cacher/freedom/adpcFreedomFAQ.htm

***
Before growing, make sure you know about legal restrictions and penalties that may exist where you live.
***